Last Updated: April 27th, 2021
Who are we?
What Data Do We Collect and Receive?
In order for us to both provide and maintain our Services, we collect certain information, including through Matomo for analytics on our websites. Depending on your use of the Services, we may collect the following information:
- Information you provide when you contact us – for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem, we will collect any information you provide to us, at a minimum including your email address, and message. We use this data in connection with answering the queries we receive.
- Usage data – when you use or visit any of our sites or services (e.g. YUM/DNF), unless explicitly noted, we do collect your IP address, browser user agent, operating system, geolocation, and referring website (when applicable). We log this data in order to maintain metrics, troubleshoot and maintain our services.
- Information to authenticate to our services – We store the IP address used to authenticate to our services.
- User activity data for RESF-hosted applications – Any data voluntarily provided to us through the use of RESF-provided services, including, but not limited to, user profile information, communication history, and direct messages. We use this data for the functionality of 3rd Party Service Providers listed below and for purposes of the RESF.
- Information you provide as a contributor and/or user – We may collect information according to the type of contribution you provide. For example, if you are voluntarily testing our images or reporting bugs to us, in order to reproduce, troubleshoot, or validate those bugs, we may record things such as your operating system version, the system specifications of your computer (CPU, RAM, other hardware details), or packages and software versions installed on your computer.
Sharing of Data
We share information collected about you with certain selected third parties (“3rd Party Service Providers”) listed below.
In addition to the above list of recipients, we may also share your information (i) with mirror sites, (ii) with service providers, including providers of professional advisory services, (iii) when required by a valid subpoena or court order, or as otherwise required by applicable law, regulation, legal or judicial process, (iv) in connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy or other business transaction, (v) to enforce any applicable terms of service or agreements, (vi) to ensure the safety and security of our Services and users, and (vii) when you request we share certain information with third parties.
We do not sell information collected about you.
Do Not Track and Cookie Controls
Do Not Track Signals: “Do not track” signals are preferences that users can set on their web browsers to limit how their activity is tracked across online services. Our Services may not all respond to “do not track” signals in your web browser.
California Rights Under the CCPA
Where applicable, if you are a California resident you may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) in relation to “personal information” we have collected about you as defined in the CCPA; these rights are to the extent required by the CCPA and subject to verification and any applicable exceptions:
Right to Know/Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information about you as described below:
- the specific pieces of personal information collected;
- the categories of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected;
- the purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information.
To request your exercise of the rights described above, please submit a request to us via one of the contact methods identified below.
Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of the rights above.
We will need to verify your identity prior to addressing your request. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to personal information collected about you. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation’s legal rights.
Information Security Risks
While we maintain certain policies to protect information that we may collect from you, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect information about you that we collect, we cannot guarantee absolute security and confidentiality.
Third Party Websites
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or physical mail at:
The Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation Attn: Privacy Matters 1191 Solano Ave. Unit 6850 Albany CA 94706